Tuesday, April 4, 2006

SEXY HAMBURGER PATTIES

There is nothing better than homemade beef burgers! Why? Because you are in total control of everything: the quality of the ingredients, the taste of the patties and finally, they are really fun to make!...

My "Hamburger Patties" are spicy, therefore I consider them as being "sexy" because, in my house, blandness is regarded as a blasphemy! I love tasty food and I NEED strong aromas that joyfully flirt with my tastebuds and nosebuds!!! Those beef burgers are fully satisfying and their divine flavor is so boostive that you'll ask for more!!!...

So, please do your hamburgers a favour, fill them up with those explosive patties and give them the sex-appeal they deserve!!!

This recipe comes out from no other place than my kitchen (aka the spice chamber) where I play the alchemist for my biggest pleasure and also yours!...

Yields about 6-8 patties


Ingredients:

500g Ground beef
1 Small onion, chopped
3/4 Tsp Garlic powder or 1-2 Cloves garlic, crushed
4 Tbs Quick oats
1 1/2 Tsp Cornflour (optional)
10-20 Drops Red tabasco
1 Tbs Oyster sauce
1/2 Tbs Fish sauce
1/3 Tsp Mild curry powder
1 Tsp Dried thyme
1/2 Tsp Dried oregano
1 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Pinch Paprika powder
Pepper to taste
Salt to taste
Flour for coating

Method:
1. In a big bowl, mix all ingredients together.
2. Knead the meat with your hands until it is homogenously mixed, about 5 minutes.
3. Shape meat into flat patties and slightly coat them with flour.
4. Fry until the patties are cooked through and golden brown

Remarks:
You can knead the meat as you would do with bread dough.

Serving Suggestions:
Eat accompanied by rice or pastas, or use it for your 100% homemade hamburgers. For more hamburger information and recipes click here.

(Raw patties -Pic by http://pus.inmagine.com)
(Hamburgers -Pic by www.wholefoodsmarket.com)

14 comments:

  1. i love burger too...but dont speak english! sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOULOU: Merci de la visite! Tes hamburgers sont aussi magnifiques...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnifique...
    La photo, la recette...J'adore !
    Il y a fort à parier que ces hamburgers figureront bientôt au menu chez nous ;O)
    Merci pour l'idée...
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ça donne vraiment très envie de mordre dedans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hamburger or tartare baked ? I like too... and yours hamburgers are so sexxxxyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ces hamburger ne sont pas sexy... ils sont le pêché de gourmandise à eux tout seuls !!! et moi je suis prêt à l'enfer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, sexy hamburgers! I love them! I love the spices that you have put in them. I'm going to have to try this for myself!

    Paz

    ReplyDelete
  8. INGRID: Merci (bien que les photos ne soient pas de moi)! J'espère que cette recette te plaira...

    ELVIRA: ;-)))!!!

    FABIENNE: I'm ready for both versions! Thanks (although I didn't shoot those pictures)...

    DORIANN: ;-))), alors, dans ce cas, tu es déjà en enfer car tu as vendu ton âme au diable!!!

    PAZ: Thanks! I'm a spice freak and have to add them (nearly) everywhere, therefore my patties are so colourful taste-wise. If you don't like to have so many spices, then you can also reduce the quantities (but I really recommend you to keep the fish and oyster sauce)... I hope you'll like them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious! Only just discoved your site tonight, great to come across another Swiss based food blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried this recipe the other day. It was delicious!

    Paz

    ReplyDelete
  11. PAZ: I'm glad you liked this recipe! Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  12. The turquoise type is almost impossible to read.
    Cute, maybe.
    Totally impractical.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ANONYMOUS: Thanks for passing by and for leaving a comment! Now, things have changed (new posts with different colors)...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa, woman! You don't play around with your burgers. That is quite a long list of ingredients but sounds delicious.

    "give them the sex-appeal they deserve" - You're funny : D

    ReplyDelete