Here’s another banana cake which is flavored with ginger…
Once again banana proves to be a very perfumed ingredient that gives baked goods a delicately attractive and sweet taste. This “Ginger-Flavored Banana Cake” is special, yet not shocking to the palate, but just spicy enough to be delightful!
This recipe was originally published in The Australian Women’s Weekly “Cakes & Slices” cookbook and was freely modified and adapted by myself.
90g Unsalted butter
2 Tbs Light molasses or golden syrup
55g Castor sugar
55g Light brown sugar
1 Egg (~50g)
2/3 Cup banana, mashed
225g Plain white flour
2 Tsp Baking powder
1/2 Tsp Bicarbonate of soda
2 Tsp Ground ginger
1 Tbs Milk
Light brown sugar
1. Peheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. In a big bowl, cream the butter, molasses (or golden syrup) and sugars together until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and beat until combined, then mix in the mashed banana.
4. Stir in the sifted dry ingredients and the milk, alternately.
5. Pour the batter into a greased cake pan.
6. Sprinkle the top with a bit of brown sugar.
7. Bake for about 45 minutes in the middle of the oven.
The cake is cooked when a wooden skewer or a cake tester comes out clean from the thickiest part of the cake.
Stand for 5 minutes before turning on to wire wrack in order to cool.
If you wish, you can top it with a quantity of lemon frosting.
Just eat this cake whenever you want with either tea or coffee.
(Ginger Banana Cake -Pic by Rosa www.rosas-yummy-yums.blogspot.com)
(Light Brown Sugar -Pic by www.hormel.com)