This cake reminds me of my childhood as it's regressive taste is just perfect for a trip back to the times when life was a game and things were seen through the eyes of innocence...
This "Hazelnut cake" is simply delicious and very tasty! It's fluffy texture is delightful and the combination of hazelnuts with chocolate is perfect. It's one of those cakes which will always be an all-time favorite!
This recipe comes from The Australian Women's Weekly "Quick-Mix Cakes" cookbook and was rearranged to meet my taste...
125g Unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 Tsp Vanilla essence
220g (1 Cup) Castor sugar
2 Eggs (~50g)
225g (1 1/2 Cup) Plain white flour
1 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
A pinch of salt
180ml (3/4 Cup) Milk
70g (2/3 Cup) Ground hazelnuts
Chocolate icing (optional):
90g Dark chocolate, chopped
1 Tsp Vegetable oil
60ml (1/4 Cup) Water
320g (2 Cups) Powder/icing sugar
1. Peheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. In a big bowl, cream the butter together with the sugar and vanilla essence until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time and beat until combined.
4. Stir in the sifted dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt) and the milk, alternately.
5. Incorporate the hazelnuts.
6. Pour the batter into a greased round cake pan.
7. Bake for about 45-50 minutes in the middle of the oven or until a thin skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
8. Turn onto a wire rack and let cool.
9. For the icing , combine the chocolate, oil and water in a saucepan.
10. Stir over low heat until the chocolate is melted.
11. Gradually beat in enough sifted icing sugar to give a smooth, spreading consistency.
12. Top the cake with the chocolate icing.
Instead of castor sugar, you can use light brown sugar.
You can also replace the hazelnuts by the ground nuts of your choice, but the taste will then be different.
Serve with a good cup of tea or coffee.
(Hazelnuts -Pic by www.melissas.com)
Oh, i think this cake is yummy, delicious ...ReplyDelete
Un vrai pousse-au-péché, ce gâteau!ReplyDelete
FABIENNE: Thanks! It is very yummy indeed!...ReplyDelete
ELVIRA: Ah oui, je me demande bien pourquoi ;-)))!!!............
Je veux bien une part...MERCIReplyDelete
Never tried the nutella cakes...that looks so yummyReplyDelete
Thatz looks awesome!!!ReplyDelete
COLETTE: Bien entendu!...ReplyDelete
LINDA: You are right...
RELLY: Well, this is not a Nutella cake, but it does taste a little similar... Thanks!
PUSPHA: Thanks ;-)!
The ingredients sound delicious! What nice childhood memories.ReplyDelete