Friday, July 27, 2012

CARDAMOM & ORANGE BRIOCHE BREAD (TANG ZHONG METHOD) - BRIOCHE A LA CARDAMOME ET A L'ORANGE (MÉTHODE TANG ZHONG) ♥ A GUEST POST FOR ANURADHA AT "BAKER STREET"

At the moment, I regularly receive e-mails from bloggers who ask me to write posts for them. It is certainly a pleasant sensation to know that you are”notorious”, but the downside of it is that, as a consequence, the  requests have been piling up lately and I have the impression that I’m slowly drowning in them. Dealing with them is hard, because Rosa’s Yummy Yums is currently keeping me busy and to make things worse, coping with the way weeks pass (too fastly) is already challenging enough. Anyway, although it usually takes me quite a while before I am able to grant my consorts’ demands, I nonetheless always try to please my foodie buddies by offering them the best of myself as a token of respect and appreciation.

So, when Anuradha at Baker Street proposed me to show her how straightforward it is to toil with yeast and help her get rid of her uneasiness when it comes to handling this seemingly treacherous leavening agent, I could not refuse her proposition. As a fellow gastronome and kitchen dweller, it is my duty to encourage my Indian friend to take the bull by the horns and turn her into a confident dough puncher.

If you have never heard of Anuradha before, then you have missed out a lot as not only is she a talented and self-taught baker, but also the kind soul behind the highly popular Muffin Monday event. Her brilliant site is chock-a-block full with cool recipes for cakes, cookies, bars, cupcakes, cheesecakes, etc... It is impossible to browse through Baker Street without feeling the urge to replicate one of her mouthwatering treats. I am a big fan of hers!

This Friday, I am extremely thrilled to present you with my most recent edible “coup de coeur” and I wish to warmly thank Anuradha for opening the doors of her lovely platform to me. It is a true honor to be your guest today and to have my work hosted by such a fabulous individual like her! Hopefully, my step-by-step ""Cardamom & Orange Brioche Bread (Tang Zhong Method)" recipe will be as much of a revelation for you as it was for me...

Asians can't live without rice and the majority of white people could not envisage an existence devoid of bread. For most Westerners, it is an important staple which’s consumption can be traced back to the prehistoric era and which has been eaten on a daily basis since the emergence of agriculture. It belongs to those edible goods that form the basis of all civilizations’ diets due to its significant nutritional properties - poor in fat, but rich in complex carbohydrates, plant protein, fibers, vitamins and essential minerals -, cheapness and simplicity.

As an Anglo-Swiss person, it is one of the foods that is part of my European heritage, thus it has forged my identity and it characterizes me. An age-old tradition here. For instance, Switzerland is supposed to have more varieties of breads than any other country on the planet - between 200 and 300 different kinds - and our nation have been tackling dough for over 6000 years. Every canton has its own specialities and each celebration its particular loaf to which a multitude of stories as well as customs are linked. We are definitely no novices in that department. Great Britain is also very fond of that doughy aliment and there too, the art of breadmaking has seen the light of day during the Stone Age. As a matter of fact, it is one of UK's favorite eats - 99% of the households buy bread and 12 million loaves are sold each day. You'll find many bakeries across the kingdom and thanks to the vast range of British flour available, the Queen's subjects have no reason of being jealous of the Helvetic folks as over 200 types of breads are said to be produced nationwide.

At home, we rarely bought bread from the bakery or the supermarket because our weekly supply was baked by my mother, a devoted housewife who cooked our meals from scratch and shunned industrial grub. ]...[

So, if that short introduction made your mouth water and your tastebuds tingle, tickled your curiosity and gave you the urge to read my article, then please hop on over to Baker Street in order to learn more about this "Cardamom & Orange Brioche Bread (Tang Zhong Method)", get a glimpse of my pictures, discover my recipe and pay a visit to the lovely Anuradha.

This bread is getting yeastspotted by Susan’s Yeastspotting!

Tang Zhong Brioche 5 3 bis
Etant donné que beaucoup de mes lecteurs francophones ne comprennent pas forcément l'anglais et que malheureusement peu d'entre-eux auront la chance de lire mon billet invité et dernier article en date sur le merveilleux blog Baker Street qui appartient à la tentueuse blogeuse Anuradha, je me suis permise de traduire la recette qui y figure afin que vous puissiez aussi en profiter car je pense qu'elle pourra vous intéresser (vous pouvez tout de même y jeter un coup d'oeil car ses recettes sont vraiment passionnantes et mon article contient d'autres images que celles exposées ici).

J'espère que ma "
Brioche A La Cardamome Et A L'Orange" vous plaira car c'est un pain divinement moelleux et parfumé dont la méthode de fabrication (Tang Zhong) nous vient tout droit du Japon (les autres pays d'Asie en sont aussi friands) et dont je me suis enamourée dernièrement après l'avoir découvert sur le blog de la merveilleuse Gracianne. Un pur délice!

Brioche A La Cardamome Et A L'orange (Méthode Tang Zhong)
Recette adaptée de "Un Dimanche A La Campagne" et de "Kirbie's Cravings".

Pour un pain.


Ingrédients Pour Le "Tang Zhong":

25g de Farine
125g d’Eau (filtrée de préférence)
Ingrédients Pour La "Pâte":

125g (125ml) de Lait
120g de Tang zhong
1 Oeuf (63g)
350g de Farine T55
50g de Sucre cristallisé
1 CS de Lait en poudre
1 1/4 CC de Cardamome en poudre

Le zeste d'une demi orange (ou 1 sachet de zestes d'orange Dr. Oetker)
1 1/2 CC de Levure en poudre (ou 15g de levure fraîche)

1 CC de Sel de mer fin
30g de Beurre non-salé, coupé en petits cubes, à température ambiante
1 CS d'Huile d'arachide, pour huiler le bol
1 Oeuf + 1 CS de Lait, pour le glaçage


Méthode Pour Le "Tang Zhong":
1. La veille, mélanger dans une casserole, au fouet, 25g de farine et 125g d’eau. Laisser chauffer à feu moyen en fouettant constamment jusqu’à obtention d'un mélange ayant la consistance d’un roux. En principe, il faut le faire chauffer jusqu’à 65ºC pendant 2-3 minutes (dès que le mélange épaissit, devient homogène et que le fouet y laisse un sillage, il est prêt).
2. Verser le Tang Zhong dans un bol, le laisser refroidir, filmer au contact et réfrigérer pendant au moins 6 heures.

Méthode Pour La "Pâte":
3. Le lendemain, remettre le Tang Zhong au moins une demi-heure à température ambiante avant de l’utiliser.
4. Dans un bol moyen, fouetter ensemble le lait, le Tang Zhong et l’œuf.
5. Dans le bol de votre robot, mélanger ensemble la farine, le sucre et le lait en poudre.

6. Faire un puits, ajouter le mélange liquide, la cardamome, le zeste et la levure sèche (ou la levure fraîche émiettée), puis commencer à pétrir.
7. Au bout de quelques minutes, ajouter le sel puis pétrir pendant encore 5-10 minutes, jusqu’à ce que la pâte soit bien élastique et homogène.
8. Ajouter ensuite le beurre mou et pétrir de nouveau pendant 10 minutes, jusqu’à ce que la pâte prenne du corps et se détache des parois du bol.
9. 
Façonner la pâte en une boule et la placer dans un grand bol que vous aurez préalablement huilé. Couvrir la pâte avec un film plastique et recouvrir le bol d'un linge humide. La laissez lever dans un lieu chaud et à l'abri des courants d'airs, jusqu'à ce qu'elle ait doublé de volume, environ 40 minutes à 1 heure.
10. Dégonfler la pâte, la transférer sur une surface propre et légèrement farinée, puis la façonner en un pain rectangulaire (voire méthode - vidéo en anglais) ou la diviser en 3 parts égales, applatir chaque portion avec vos mains pour en chasser l'air, les bouler (voire méthode - vidéo en anglais) et les déposer côte à côte dans le moule.
11. Couvrir d'un film plastique et laisser lever pendant environ 40 à 60 minutes ou jusqu'à ce que la pâte ait doublé de volume.
12. Préchauffer le four à
180 ° C (350 ° F), puis battre un oeuf avec 1 cuillère à soupe de lait et badigeonner le dessus du pain avec ce mélange (la croûte deviendra dorée et brillante).
13.
Verser 1/4 - 1/2 tasse d’eau dans le fond du four chaud et cuire pendant environ 30 minutes, ou jusqu'à ce que le pain sonne creux lorsque vous tapez sur sa base avec un doigt.
14. Laisser refroidir sur une grille.

Remarques:
Au départ la pâte sera extrêmement collante. C'est tout à fait normal. Continuer à la pétrir jusqu'à ce qu'elle soit élastique et lisse, pendant environ 15-20 minutes avec un batteur sur socle et à 30 minutes à la main.
Quand la pâte est prête, vous devriez être capable de l'étirer qu'elle se déchire trop rapidement.

Suggestions d'accompagnement:
Servir pour le déjeuner ou le brunch avec du fromage, de la confiture, du Nutella ou la tartinade de votre choix.
Cette brioche est parfaite pour faire un pouding au pain ou du pain perdu.


89 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh Rosa, j'adore cette belle brioche et il faudra que je teste cette fameuse méthode de confection... il faut aussi que j'aille voir ce blogue! Bon week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Je suis jalouse de ta belle brioche!!!

    Bon vendredi à toi:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elle est juste superbe cette brioche !

    ReplyDelete
  4. J'aimerai essayer ce methode. Les photos sont tres jolies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Je dois dire que ça m'a l'air effectivement délicieux!

    Bonne journée.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic, Rosa. The crust looks so golden, it must be yummy!

    Happy weekend ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. a very interesting method of preparing a brioche and a wonderful old Lyssex balance !

    Liebe Grüsse !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to meet you in person and share this brioche with you. You are such a nice, warm and caring person. I appreciate that you take the time to do this for bloggers. Hopefully some day we will be able to do this together. Have a wonderful week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  9. UN PANE MERAVIGLIOSO CHE HO FATTO ANCH'IO, MA ORA CON LA TUA VERSIONE DI PAN BRIOCHE MI DAI UN'ALTRA INTERESSANTE IDEA, CIAUZZZZZ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Orange et cardamone! ouiiiiiiiiii!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this, Rosa, and your photography is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quelle beauté cette brioche, sans parler de la qualité toujours aussi superbe de tes clichés !
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rose! This is a perfect brioche! Love it!
    Cheers:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Coucou ♥

    Quelle merveille de brioche ♥

    Merci pour cette belle recette gourmande et tes photos somptueuses ♥

    Une petite question sur la bande son ? C'est quel groupe et quel titre ? J'aime beaucoup et je suis restée jusqu'à la fin du morceau :) ( ça parlait entre autre de suitcase pour te donner un indice ^^)

    Merci :)

    Bonne soirée !

    Plein de bisous ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! baked to perfection!
    ur pictures are stunning, as usual:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking at those photos I feel like baking right now. Love the color of the bread, just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a stunning brioche, headed over to Baker Street now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous loaf...would like some of that for brekkie.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Delicious brioche! I like the cardamoms in it too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. la briosce mi sembra eccellente, morbidissima, é da provare questo metodo anche per altri lievitati, prendo nota dei tuoi consigli.

    magnifique la premiere photo :-)

    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  21. My mother baked homemade bread almost every day and I have to say I grew up spoiled about bread. How I wish she had passed her skills and knowledge along to me.

    Your bread looks amazing and I can almost smell it from here.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my Rosa! Your brioche is GORGEOUS! I want to grab that bread out of the screen!!!!!! This looks amazing! Going to check your guest post now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! Always in awe of your incredibly beautiful photography! This brioche sounds just what I need to start my day on the right foot.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your brioche comes alive in this post. Lovely photography rosa :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. As a brioche lover I have to give it a try. I don't know this method but it sounds very interesting. In case I will fail you could send me one of your breads, ok ;-)
    hugs from Sandy

    P.S. Great job, Rosa, it isn't easy to handle all these stuff (own blog, guest blogging) in a good quality!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I adore brioche..but now I think I adore orange cardamom brioche even more than just brioche. What a stunning, buttery loaf! You are superwoman when it omes to food and photography :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my, oh my, this is such a fantastic brioche, Rosa!! I can't get my eyes of your photoes, these are absolutely gorgeous... Heading over to Anuradha's blog to check out your guest post :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm not sure which photo I like better-the brioche or the flower-perhaps both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the quote. Your bread does look like a King, indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I had your website up when my husband walked in to see where the good music was coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Now that is a gorgeous loaf! Love that first quote too.

    ReplyDelete
  32. That's one beautiful loaf! And I adore that old-fashioned scale you have. Such a collector's piece.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fantastic bread. I bet it tastes amazing as i have made several recipes using the tang zhong starter and they all tasted amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Tes photos m'avaient manquée Rosa. Quelle belle brioche. Idéale à l'heure du Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hermoso brioche tiene brillo y prestancia una exquisitez me encanta,abrazos hugs,hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful bread. I can almost smell the aroma from the photos. You're right--I couldn't live without bread!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous brioche - simply lovely. On my way to read your guest post now.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This post is stunning Rosa! My daughter is standing next to me in AWE!! Baker Street blog is great :) A wonderful pairing! XO

    ReplyDelete
  39. Comme tu le sais....une brioche ça me fait toujours craquer !!! et je ne résiste pas à celle-ci et je fonce voir le blog bien sûr....
    je t'embrasse Rosa, à bientôt...
    p.s. j'aime cette musique ....

    ReplyDelete
  40. Simply beautiful - love love cardamom.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Rosa, your images are gorgeous and I just love this brioche. Will check out your guest post now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. I made brioche while in Paris for my two weeks of cooking classes and 5 weeks holiday. I love this style of baking. Now I feel 'homesick' for paris.......

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a great and appreciated guest post Rosa! Thanks to these posts, I've some new connection with other great bloggers and this is priceless.

    Your brioche looks amazing and this is an interesting brioche formula! Have a great day.
    Cheers
    Mamat

    ReplyDelete
  44. A gorgeous brioche! Wish it was sitting in my kitchen this very minute...I'd love some for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Gorgeous as always. Cardamom and orange are possibly my two favorite flavors. Together in a brioche? Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh my Rosa, what a gorgeous guest post! Cardamom, orange, brioche = deliciousness.
    xxoo
    E

    ReplyDelete
  47. Now I'm craving homemade bread! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Rosa I just wanted to reach out and grab one. This is a perfect post.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I want to transport your photos here and have all appear on my table with a swoosh of my wand! Beautiful! And the brioche - it has a way of winning hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Your famous! hahah. Love this, delish and to the point

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oh Rosa, this brioche looks fabulous...and I love the tang zhong method for bread. I sure would love a slice of this brioche :)
    Thanks for the recipe and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  52. What a stunning brioche Rosa! Love these flavors...I think I can smell this from here :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Just checked out the recipe in Anuradha's blog. I gotta look for those ingredients soon!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love baking using tang zhong method too..i bet the brioche is super fluffy soft!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Vraiment superbe ta brioche !
    Elle me fait très envie, rien qu'en regardant tes photos...
    Bises Rosa
    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  56. CENWEN: Merci! Je suis contente que cette brioche te plaise.
    Ce morceau est par Chris Corner du groupe IAMX. C'est la version acoustique du titre "I am the Conversation (You Are The Game)". La version originale (sans voix masculine) figure sur la bande son du film "Les Chevaliers Du Ciel". Si tu aimes cette chanson, tu devrais aussi apprécier IAMX (un de mes groupes préférés ♥). J'espère que cela t'aidera.
    Bises.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Gorgeous clicks, Rosa.
    The bread looks very soft!

    ReplyDelete
  58. What gorgeous flavours you've chosen Rosa. Perfect brioche!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Brilliant flavor combo..I love cardamom & this bread sounds & looks perfect thing to bake for sunday brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Magnifiques photos, comme toujours. Ta brioche me fait envie, cardamome et orange une association parfaite!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Amazing recipe, Rosa. Could easily drool over those delicious photos :D

    ReplyDelete
  62. Absolutely stunning photos Rosa! You make everything look so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  63. This looks one of those breads that besides tasting good can be a mood lifter! Lovely shots Rosa!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Such beautiful photographs. Really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Great pics and so happy to see you on BStreet blog. Heading over to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Such stunning bread.. I can smell its aroma filled with cardamom... Yum!!
    Gorgeous photography!!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Chere Rosa, ta version est splendide, les photos sont extremement parlantes. Tu m'as fait racheter de la levure a mon retour, j'ai envie de parfumer la mienne a la fleur d'oranger ;)
    Merci pour le lien et ces photos incroyables.
    Bises.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Your photos are always so stunning. Wish I could learn a thing or two form you Rosa!

    Love the looks of that bread too! Bread is just so delicious and goes well with just about everything. :D

    ReplyDelete
  69. That bread looks beautiful, and the instructions are plenty clear (I can read French). I will have to give it a try. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  70. You are making my mouth water!It looks divine!Your pics are amazing as always!Many kisses from Greece,dear!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Hi Rosa, I got enticed by all your Superb recipes ! I cant wait to try my hands on it. It is looking so good with all the lovely pictures and write up as well. I have been here after a while but enjoyed scrolling through your rest of the wonderful recipes.
    Have a wonderful week ahead. Thanks for sharing awesome recipes. Best Regards, Sonia !!!

    ReplyDelete
  72. What a fabulous flavor combination for brioche! I know I'd love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  73. I haven't made brioche before, sounds delicious. And could make a great bread and butter pudding with the leftovers

    ReplyDelete
  74. BUongiorno Rosa, this bread is really beautiful.. i love it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  75. what a great guest post! i love brioche, i need to try this sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  76. i'm so scared of making anything with yeast! but as i've been blog-hopping, bloggers like you and Anuradha are inspiring confidence in me to give it a try! Will bookmark this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Merci Rosa ♥

    Je mets dans mes favoris :)

    Plein de bisous ♥

    ReplyDelete
  78. i LOVE brioche--it's so rich and fluffy and delicious. it's such a soothing word to say too.
    brioche. brioche. :)

    ReplyDelete
  79. Ever since I saw your brioche on facebook and checked out your guest post I can not stop thinking about it! I'm so looking forward to getting back home in a couple of weeks and bake myself a beautiful loaf, I hope, just like yours

    ReplyDelete
  80. The recipe sounds delicious (I love cardamom and oranges) and your pictures are lovely!
    I often use the Tang zhong / water roux method for sweet breads and rolls, because it makes the crumb so incredible soft!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Rosa you make this bread sound so delicious! Loved the information on breads and the pictures accompanying it. Heading over to Anuradha's blog to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Hi Rosa,
    Your brioche loaf looks absolutely fabulous and the flavour, I can imagine it super delicious with the combination of the orange and the cardamom.
    Cheers,
    Lia.

    ReplyDelete
  83. Pour l'avoir réalisé je confirme il est délicieux ce pain!
    Le tien est très joli!

    ReplyDelete
  84. The best appreciated luxury it is, Rosa! This bread looks heavenly. I don't have much patience playing with the yeast and dough, but I sure do wish that you run a bakery just next door to where I live. You will have my business everyday:)

    ReplyDelete
  85. I adore cardamom and the look of this bread makes me want to squeeze it, eat it and smell it.

    ReplyDelete
  86. ahhh rosa que ta brioche est jolie et gourmande !!! parfait pour mon gouter ou mon petit dej !!!

    bises

    virginie

    ReplyDelete
  87. Gorgeousness in everything - the way it looks, the flavors and the photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  88. una receta estupenda como siempre. Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  89. J'ai découvert cette méthode il y a quelques mois chez Alter gusto
    Tu m'as vraiment donné envie de tester ta brioche

    ReplyDelete