Wednesday, May 31, 2006

QUICK TOMATO SAUCE FOR PIZZA

In the past, when I made pizza, I used to prepare a tomato sauce that I cooked for hours. The amount of work that it represented was one of the reasons why I didn't make pizza as regularly as I do now; I was a bit tired at the idea of going through this toilsom and long preparation...

So I found a solution: a quick tomato sauce that needs no cooking and which is prepared in half a second! I invented this sauce one day when I decided to make a quick last-minute pizza and I must say that the result was very satisfying.

This tomato sauce is full of flavor, spicy and goes harmoniuosly well for pizza. It is a great substitution for cooked tomato sauce and I must say that you will not see any difference as it is bluffingly awsome!...

Ingredients:
4-5 Tbs Tomato purree
3 Tbs Ketchup
3 Tbs Water
2 Tbs Olive oil
2 Tbs Fish sauce
1 Tsp Red Tabasco or 1/3 Tsp Harissa
1 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
3 Cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tsp Onion powder
1/2 Tsp Italian dried herbs
1 Pinch paprika
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Sugar to taste (optional)

Method:
1. In a bowl blend all ingredients together.
2. Spread on your pizza dough.

Remarks:
Instead of fresh garlic, you can use 3/4 Tsp garlic powder.
For the herbs, I generally use either a pizza mix/Italian herb seasoning or dried basil, dried oregano, dried rosemary (ground) and dried marjoram.
If you don't have any fish sauce, then add the leftover oil of the tinned anchovies that you use to dress the pizza with or use equal amounts of light soy sauce.

Serving suggestion:
It is perfect if used to coat the base of the pizza.

(Tomato Sauce -Pic by www.napastyle.com)
(Pizza -Pic by www.steinbackofen-schlemmerei.de)

3 comments:

  1. J'ai justement fais cette sauce ce soir pour ma pizza maison.
    mmmmmm!
    Très bon.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this tomato sauce recipe! It looks so quick and easy. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RIKA SUSAN: You are welcome! I hope you liked it. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete