Friday, July 29, 2011

SWISS SAUSAGE SALAD - A GUEST POST

Sausage Salad 2 bis
On Monday, the 1st of August, Switzerland will be celebrating the 720th anniversary of the Foundation of the Confederation, so for that occasion I decided to adapt a traditional dish that is generally served on this day and write a long-awaited guest post for a foodblogger I really appreciate...

Being the proscratinator that I am, it took me a few months to come up with an article which I could consider worthy of Leemei Tan's lovely blog "
My Cooking Hut". For me, accepting such an offer means that I have to give the best of myself in order to honor my host. It is a question of respect.

So, after hours of reflection, I opted for a Swiss dish that would put our culinary customs and history into the spotlight. But, I did not want to speak about a speciality that is well-known. No. If I am going to blog about one of my country's treats, there is no way I am going to present something that has been advertised over and over in every foreign magazine and book. I delight in making others discover new things and expanding their knowledge.

Sausage Salade Radishes 1 3 bis
With "Rosa's Yummy Yums", my aim is to enlighten people on the origins of the recipes and foods I feature as well as to make them think. I strive to transform each of your visit into unforgettable experience and culturally enrichening. I am not interested in being just another uninspiring blogger. I have the desire to emerge from the mass and be different or unusual. It is important for me to show my true nature and personality. Do I I succeed in doing so? I don't know. The only ones to be able to judge of that are my faithful (or not so loyal) readers...

Anyway, as I said before, most individuals living outside of Switzerland are not familiar with the course I have chosen to introduce you: "Cervelas Salad". In French it is called "Salade De Cervelas, in German "Wurstsalat", in Italian "Insalata Di Salsiccie" and in Rumantsch "Salata Da Liongia". It is very popular in our land (especially in Swiss Germany), but lacks recognition elsewhere, although it is mighty delectable.

Of course, I had to adapt the original formula to make it my own (I rarely leave a recipe as it is), but at the end, it still tastes very Swiss, rustic and has retained it's humble aspect. I didn't denature it. I just added a gourmet and refined touch to it, thus transforming it into something that could well be served at the table of any fashionable restaurant, bar, canteen or lunchonette.

So, if
that short introduction made your mouth water, tickled your curiosity and captivated you, then please head over to "My Cooking Hut" in order to read my article, get a glimpse of my pictures and discover my scrumptious recipe for "Swiss Sausage Salad". I hope you'll enjoy my post!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My salad is also featured on the site HomeAway.co.uk...

Sausage Salad 3 2 bis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Etant donné que beaucoup de mes lecteurs francophones ne comprennent pas forcément l'anglais et que malheureusement peu d'entre-eux auront la chance de lire mon billet invité et dernier article en date sur le merveilleux blog de ma collègue Leemei Tan de "My Cooking Hut", je me suis permise de traduire la recette qui y figure afin que vous puissiez aussi en profiter car je pense qu'elle pourra vous intéresser (vous pouvez tout de même y jeter un coup d'oeil car ses photos sont très belles et mon article contient d'autres images que celles exposées ici).

J'espère que ce plat traditionnel et campagnard
vous plaira. Cette version améliorée est ma façon de rendre hommage à mon pays ainsi qu'à sa cuisine aux multi facettes, à l'occasion de la Fête Nationale du 1ier Août...

Sausage Salad 1 bis
~Salade De Saucisses Suisse ~
Recette par Rosa Mayland, Juillet 2011.

Pour 2-3 personnes.

Ingrédients Pour La "Salade":

2 Gousse d'ail, finement hachées
1 Onion rouge (moyen), coupé en fine rondelles
10-12 Radis rouges, coupés en fines rondelles
280g de Gruyère (salé ou moyen), coupé en allumettes
1 (200g) Schüblig (crue), coupée en demi-lunes
1 (100g) Cervelas (cru), coupé en demi-lunes
1/2 Bouquet (ou selon goût) de persil plat, haché
Ingrédients Pour La "Vinaigrette":
1 CC de Moutarde douce
2 CS de Vinaigre de malt
1 CS de Vinaigre balsamic blanc
5 CS d'Huile d'olive vierge
1/3 CC de Flocons de piment turc
Sel de mer fin, à volonté
Poivre noir fraîchement moulu, à volonté

Sausage Salad Apple 1 1 bis
Méthode Pour La "Salade":
1. Dans un bol moyennement grand, mélanger ensemble tous les ingrédients pour la salade.
Méthode Pour La "Vinaigrette":
2. Dans un petit bol, émulsionner ensemble tous les ingrédients pour la vinaigrette. Ajouter la sauce à la salade et mélanger délicatement.
3. Servir.

Remarques:
Vous pouvez remplacer le cervelas et le schüblig par 300g de mortadella coupée en morceaux (pas de tranches fines), 300g de saucisse de frankfort, de saucisse de Vienne ou de cervelas d'Alsace coupés en demi-lunes.
Utiliser du piment d'espelette en poudre au lieu des flocons de piment turc.
Si vous n'avez pas de vinaigre de malt ou balsamique blanc, 3 CS de vinaigre de vin blanc feront parfaitement l'affaire.

Idées de présentation:
Servir cette salade à température ambiante (le fromage et la saucisse ne doivent pas être froids) et l'accompagné de pain, pommes de terres à l'eau ou de macaronis.

Sausage Salad 5 bis

84 comments:

  1. Rosa, your photo are about the very best on the web!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosa,
    Thank you for being my guest! It's been a pleasure to know you and your blog. I love your writing and food! Thanks once again for the lovely post! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classy, very interesting:) The closest I have tried is sauteed sausage with garlic and onions, but without radishes, parsley and cheese. It would all go well together quite well I imagine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chouette une recette Suisse! Avec du gruyère hummm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, thank you for sharing your recipe and CH's anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosa, that looks like a yummy salad, and the gorgeous photos make it so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jolie recette...mais encore plus jolies photos...! j'adore.
    Bisous et bon WE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and interesting salad! Love it!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, I didn't know you can use sausage as part of a salad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mais de magnifiques photos. Quelle salade intéressante et délicieuse.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes please, nice list of ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belles photos et recette très appétissante... bonne fête nationale Rosa! Et encore bravo pour le guestpost chez Leemei... j'ai mis un petit mot! Bonne fin de semaine. Bises...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely a classy looking salad! Looks delicious. Hope you have a lovely weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic looking salad.Actually with sausage ..ou don't need anything else for lunch:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful and delicious looking salad! I like the radishes here, very nice with sausage.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh love this salad have a lovely celebration for your country

    ReplyDelete
  17. ein Schweizer Wurstsalat ist immer das Erste, was ich mir nach Ferien zubereite. Liebe Grüsse.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the look of your salad, Rosa! Congrats with the guest post with my other favorite blog. Heading over to read the post now. xx Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Switzerland offers one of the best sausages..and it is inspiring to see your refined, refreshing Swiss sausage version. Very nice job, Rosa! Always look forward to your posts..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Coucou Rosa, une belle salade qui fera bien mon midi, j'adore la composition. Merci beaucoup pour tes passages chez moi...c'est super sympa. Je te souhaite un très bon week-end avec un plein de soleil et à bientôt !

    ReplyDelete
  21. i've always thought that sausage had the potential for great things, and you've done it a huge favor here! masterful work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks so colorful, fresh!!! Its a work of art!!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful photos... and delicious salad.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. The beauty of those photos just took my breath away..salad looks so refreshing and incredibly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  25. i've never had sausage in a salad but I love it in stir-fries so it's definitely something worth trying!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful salad Rosa. I like the idea of the crunchy radishes with the sausage. A lovely tribute to your country.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the photos! Salad looks so fresh and crisp and full of flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your salad looks fresh and lovely! And, I learned something new about Swiss food. Love the pieces of Gruyere in the salad.

    ReplyDelete
  29. BEautiful post.. awesome pictures... lovely colors. Thanks for this wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful Post Rosa. Thank you for introducing me to another lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  31. stunning salad rosa,. I love the pic of the radishes, so simple yet so lovely! thank you for your words,

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a perfect salad for summer. Full of flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely salad! I don't know Swiss cuisine only some of its cheeses and chocolate (Lindt being my fav) and I would love to learn more! Thanks to you, I am today!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you Rosa. I don't eat sausage but your photo of the radishes is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  35. So delighted to know one of the well known Swiss salads! This sausage salad is so beautifully composed and look totally irresistable!

    Thanks for sharing one of Switzerland's food heritage!

    ReplyDelete
  36. It is a great idea to put the spotlight on Swiss Cuisine ;-) Your pictures are always so beautiful!
    Have a great sunny weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love it, it's simple and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Rosa, your salad look so lovely. I like the colors combination on the plate! very healthy too.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Je sais...je radote mais tes photos sont de plus en plus belle Rosa.
    Bonne fin de week-end

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'm so looking forward to enjoying these delicacies, when I visit next mnth. Looks very refreshing!!

    Anamika

    ReplyDelete
  41. You know that I love all sorts of salads...this definitely goes to my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Lovely photos Rosa and such an interesting recipe! Perfect to celebrate National Day with ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  43. A salad with hunks of sausage in it? My husband would be all over that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  44. That salad looks so fresh and colorful.Love the picture of radish ..so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  45. That is a classy salad indeed! I bet it is as tasty as it is gorgeous, Rosa!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Une recette qui fait remonter plein de souvenirs. J'en mangeait souvent étant enfant.
    Bon 1er aout
    verO

    ReplyDelete
  47. The salad looks so colorful and appetizing! Love the addition of red onion.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Rosa, congrats on your guest post, I will dash over to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Lovely looking dish Rosa! I must admit I don't know much about Swiss cuisine apart from fondue and raclette as we don't have a lot of Swiss restaurants here.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Très jolie salade bien appétissante!

    ReplyDelete
  51. beaucoup de classe dans cette salade :) ! Et en plus si appétissante !

    ReplyDelete
  52. You, dear Rosa are not "just another blogger." Your recipes, imagery and words are most inspiring:)

    As for that salad, it looks amazing and I'm off to check out the recipe right now!!!

    Thanks for sharing, Rosa and thanks for being you:)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Looks great and filling! The radishes are so pretty. Great guest post!

    ReplyDelete
  54. What a delicious and beautiful salad! With all that cured meat and cheese it has to be tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  55. C'est magnifique ! c'est l'été, frais...on peut passer à table ? merci Rosa !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Salads are so summery a great way to stay fit and healthy. Loved yours with sausages-- healthy and balanced too!

    ReplyDelete
  57. What a great combination for salad...and I love the sausage in it with all the different veggies.
    Your photos are awesome as always.
    Hope you have a fantastic week ahead Rosa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  58. Gorgeous guest post and stunning photos as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  59. great salad, and i love that there is sausage in it. gorgeous photos too as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Outstanding salad, Rosa. Trust me, you are not just an ordinary blogger, you are truly an original that has content that continues to inspire me in each post, recipe, tribute, and exquisite photography!

    ReplyDelete
  61. My-Oh-My...This salad looks deliciously mouth-watering :) Love-Love the color-flavor combination...absolutely beautiful, Rosa.

    Hugs,

    Aldy.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Rosa - The photos are just stunning. The radishes seem to jump right off the page,

    ReplyDelete
  63. just dropped in from flickr. beautiful blog and pictures. i am going to come back...

    ReplyDelete
  64. Looks delicious. The pictures are exquisite. Blessings, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  65. Hi There, This is looking absolutely delightful. Loved the new combo of ingredients and the recipe is so nicely made and presented. Saving this recipe of urs and wud love to give ur version a try on the coming weekend. Have a great day….Sonia !!!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Awesome pictures Rosa and nice post!! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  67. This reminds me so much of my German grandmother and Swiss grandfather...yes, sausage can be classy as well! Love the pictures and story. Looks so hearty yet light at the same time...very colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Miiiiaammm! elle a l'air divine cette salade

    ReplyDelete
  69. yes that is interesting! never seen it done that way and thats exactly what i love. nice.

    ReplyDelete
  70. saut rosa, quelle jolie salade tu nous proposes, joyeuse fête à ton pays aussi. C'est culcul mais j'adore les radis boules je trouve ça mignon!!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Healthy and Beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Rosa, I don't think I've seen a prettier photo of radishes, ever!

    Btw, any salad that features sausage as an ingredient, is bound to get a double-take from me.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Oh I LOVE sausage salad and always have it when I am in germany!! Packed with my favoourite things - what's not to like :o)

    ReplyDelete
  74. oh! Rosa,
    You put everything so beautiful that it will be hard to even touch it. I was actually salivating with this salad.

    I will have to make it before the summer is over.

    Thanks for sharing it.

    Mely

    ReplyDelete
  75. &20th anniversary is serious! I always visit this blog, when I want to find something original and amazingly tasty! And this salad would be my next experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Never seen such a wonderful looking Wurstsalat

    ReplyDelete