Anyhow, a few months ago, I discovered that I was totally wrong!...
Ok, maybe it’s easier to open a packet of industrial crisps, but nothing can exactly compare with what is homemade with love and dedication! Not only are you free to choose the quality of the ingredients you use, but you are also free to spice those crisp with whichever seasoning you want to have…
I was really bluffed by the end result which was way beyond my expectations. The crisps were simply great looking and fine tasting, thus proving that your common packet crisps has nothing more to offer!
So, I warmly recommend you to try making your crisps the next time you plan to offer apetizers, because your crisps will be a real highlight!!!
1/2 -1l Peanut oil
1. Cut the potatos in very thin slices.
2. Wash them in cold water, so that the starch is eliminated.
3. Strain and absorb the leftover water with a towel.
4. Heat the oil until it’s very hot.
5. Lower the heat and plunge the slices in the hot oil. Stir continuously so that they don’t stick together.
6. Once the slices are golden, get the crisps out with the help of a skimming laddle.
7. Strain and drain on absorbant paper.
8. Then, place the crisps in a plastic container and add the salt and curry powder.
9. Gently shake the bag in order to cover each crisp with the spices.
Be careful to fry the potato slices only once the oil is hot, otherwise they’ll be soggy with oil.
You can sin at any time, 'cause nobody will blame you for gobbling them, since they are homemade crisps!!!