Thursday, October 5, 2006

BIZARRE MEME

I've been tagged with this meme by my fellow blogger Vero of the interesting foodblog "Delimoon" from Switzerland. Thanks!

Originally, this meme was in French, but as my blog is meant to be readable by anybody worldwide, I decided to translate it for all of you to enjoy it's contents!

Take the first book that you find underhand, open it on page 18 and copy what’s written on the fourth line from the top:
Here’s what’s written in Joan Nathan’s “Jewish Cooking In America” cookbook “…their poverty like krupnick, a cereal soup made from oatmeal, sometimes barley, potatoes, …”. It is a book I bought a few months ago and which I really love as it is very interesting culturally and culinary speaking. Ruth of “Once Upon A Feast” had recommended me to buy it and I'm ever so glad to have a copy home…

What was the last program you watched on TV ?:
I watched “Prison Break”. That’s a truely awesome series with a great plot and fabulous actors! Believe me, it's really addictive...

Without verifying, try to guess the time it is?:
8h20.

Check out. It is:
8h15, time passes too fastly anyway...

Which noise can you hear apart from the one of your computer?:
With the window open, the noise of the cars on the motorway in France – not very loud though. Otherwise, it's dead silent...

When did you go out for the last time and what did you do?:
Yesterday afternoon. I went to present myself to a potential employer...

What are you wearing now?:
My comfortable house clothes: a t-shirt, a pair of 3/4 trousers and a small jacket. At home, I never dress up in any special way as I like to feel well and not to be afraid of dirtying (while cooking or cleaning) my nice "outside" clothes…

Before you started this meme, what were you looking at?:
I was going through my list of blogs as I do everyday. I was also surfing on “Blog-Appetit” in search for cool recipe or new blogs and ordering the Hocico (one of my favorite EBM bands) "A Través De Mundo Que Arden" DVD…

Did you dream this night?:
I can’t really remember, but I know that it was linked to the three days I spent working in this tea-room.

When did you laugh for the last time?:
Yesterday while watching TV and while playing with my two "silly" clownesque kitties!

What’s on the walls of the room in which you are?:
Nothing, at the moment. My place is not yet entirely decorated and there’s still a lot to do in order to make it presentable! And in any case, the walls are so bad that you can’t even stick a nail in them!!! Sigh…

Did you see something strange today?:
Our cat Maruschka didn’t stop throwing up… I hope she has nothing serious!

What do you think of this meme?:
It’s fun to answer the questions. Quite relaxing…

Which was the last film that you saw?:
Urga”, a Russian film in Russian, Chinese and Mongolian by Nikita Mikhalov. It’s about a Mongolian family living in the steppes, the Chinese modern world around them and their birth control laws. It also speaks about Sergei, a Russian truck driver who is "slaving aboard in order to live decently at home" and who will enter Gombo's life. The story is poignant, yet humorous and the photography is abslutely breathtaking!…

If you became a multimillionaire overnight, what would be the first thing that you’d buy?:
That’s a difficult question as I’m not used to having much money to spend... But, I’d definitely buy a professional digital camera (Nikon or Canon) with all the gear that is needed in order to take great pictures (portraits, nature, food, etc...). Afte
r, I’d have to think what I could do with my money in order to use it intelligently without throwing it out of windows!!!

Tell us something about you that we don’t yet know:
I can “feel” people's positive or negative vibes (mood, aura, etc…)!

If you could change something in the world apart from culpability and politics, what would you change?:
The way some people are. The world is not going well because, certain people are greedy, badly behaved, without any moral codes, hypocritical, money/profit obssessed
, mean, heartless, negative, calculators, followers/sheepish, etc… If human beings would be a little more positive in their ways, less egotistic and would think a little more, I’m sure that we would not be where we are now and certain things could not be imposed (wars, violence, death, corruption, etc…)!

Do you like dancing?:
I love seeing people dance, but as I don’t feel comfortable doing so myself, I would answer “no”. In fact, I don’t think that I’m a very good dancer, he, he…

Georges Bush?:
I'm not into politics, because most politicians are a bunch of lying liars!


Which name would you choose if you had a girl?:
I must say that making children is my last preoccupation at the moment (too many problems to solve) and I have not really thought about that option! But I like names such as Gwendolyn, Silke, Zephyra, Sunniva, …

And if it was a boy?:
I like the following names: Alix, Ephraïm, Tristan, Conan, Aidan, …

Have you ever thought about living in a foreign country?:
Yes. I’d love to move to North America (Canada or USA) as it’s always been a place I dreamt about. I don’t know why, but I was always attracted to this beautiful continent. Maybe it’s because I’m really interested in all things related to Native Americans. I guess that it also has a lot to do with the magnificence of the landscapes and of the nature that can be found there…

What do you want God to tell you when you go through the doors of Paradise?:
Glad to meet you, but are you sure that you entered the correct gate?!?…

Which are the 4 other bloggers that you'd love to tag:
I'd love to tag the following foodbloggers (no obligation to fulfill my wish)...

(Prison Break -Pic by www.demapples.com)
(Hocico -Pic by
http://photos.lacoccinelle.net)
(Urga -Pic by
www.baumanngraphik.de)
(Kindness -Pic by
http://imagecache2.allposters.com)
(Snake River, Wyoming -Pic by
www.foxyshadis.com)

8 comments:

  1. Tiens, encore une sorciere dans la blogomiam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea. Thanks for thinking of me. I'll need a few days, but can't wait to do it.

    It was fun peeking into your life. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salut Rosa, je vais essayer de le dire en anglais...aie
    Hi Rosa
    Great you've answered to the meme. Thanks for the translation. Now, it will be a worldwide meme.
    XXX
    Vero

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I'm a Prison Break fan too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for tagging me Rosa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how cool! thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You watch prison break, too! So do I!

    The photo of Snake River has been one of my favorite pics for years. It is one of my screensavers. ;-)

    Paz

    ReplyDelete
  8. GRACIANNE: He, he, ;-P!

    RUTH: I'm looking forwards to reading your meme! I'm glad you liked mine...

    VERO: No problem, Vero! Yeah, I love worlwide memes...

    IVONNE: I'm just addicted to that show and love everything about it!!! It's good to hear that you are also a fan ;-)...

    PAMELA: You are welcome!

    TSCHOERDA: It was a pleasure to read your meme ;-)...

    PAZ: I'm happy to hear that you are another Prison Break freak! Yes, that picture of Snake River is really awesome; I'd love to go there...

    ReplyDelete