Friday, September 22, 2006

ROSH HASHANAH FOOD IDEAS

For those of you who celebrate Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, and are clueless about what to eat during this festive period, I thought that you might be interested in the following recipes as well as the useful links I've added...

~ An unbaked "Challah". ~
My recipes:
. Challah (see recipe and infos)
. Bagels (see recipe and infos)
. Baba Ganoush (see recipe and infos)
. Rhubarb Upside-Down Pudding (see recipe and infos)

. Zimtsterne (see recipe and infos)
. Pumpkin Apple Bread (see recipe and infos), replace the sugar by honey
. Quick No-Fat Apple Cake (see recipes and infos) served with honey
. Apple Latkes (see recipe and infos), although they are generally eaten for Hanukkah

Useful Links:
. Epicurious (see link)

. Cyber Kitchen (see link)
. All Recipes (see link)

. Kosher Food (see link)
. Recipezaar (see link)
. Holidays.net (see link)
. Jewish Food (see link)

Happy New Year! May you have fun in the kitchen as well as at the table with your family and friends!...

(Challah -Pic by www.washingtonpost.com)
(Rosh Hashanah -Pic by www.mtsinai.on.ca)
(Rosh Hashanah -Pic by www.thetoymaker.com)

9 comments:

  1. Meme pour ceux qui ne celebrent pas Rosa, ces gouts differents sont toujours interessants. Bon nouvel an!

    ReplyDelete
  2. joyeux nouvel an et merci pour toutes ces recettes allechantes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy day......BISOU

    ReplyDelete
  4. GRACIANNE: En fait, je suis comme toi. Je m'intéresse aux traditions des autres et essaie d'ouvrir mon horizon. C'est pourquoi j'ai publié ce post car j'ai découvert une culture culinaire (juive) que j'adore...

    VERONICA: En fait, je ne suis pas de confession juive, mais merci quand même!!! Ca me fait plaisir de faire découvrir de nouvelles traditions culinaires!...

    COLETTE: Merci! Bon weekend et bisous...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great and thanks for the tips! I wish I had time to prepare something. Next time!

    Happy New Year to all celebrating!

    Paz

    ReplyDelete
  6. L'shana tovah! Your challah looks amazing and I'm definitely going to give your pumpkin-apple bread a go. Sounds delicious. :)


    Baking and Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. PAZ: I'm happy that you've enjoyed this post, Paz! A Happy New Year to you!

    ANONYMOUS:Thanks for visiting my blog and for the kind comment! L'shana Tovah to you! I really recommend you to try this apple pumpkin bread as it's absolutely fabulous...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm impressed, I have to admit. Rarely do I come across a blog that's both equally educative and amusing,
    and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. The problem is something that not enough people are
    speaking intelligently about. I am very happy I came across this in my hunt for
    something concerning this.
    my page - banja vrujci smestaj cena

    ReplyDelete