Thursday, July 27, 2006

BY THE LAKESIDE

Here in Switzerland it is still very hot (35°+) and terribly humid. This heatwave is driving me crazy as there is never a break. We all sleep badly and during the day the heat is crushing...

The only way to get "out" of this hell is to get close to the lake; there is at least a bit of air moving and the water is quite fresh, although one could say that it is particularly warm (26°+)!

The lakeside is very nice and we are lucky to have many spots where it is possible to swim or just relax. This little beach is situated in Anières on the left side of the lake. To get there, one hast to take the bus E from Rive, in town and get out at the bus stop "Courbes". This place is not very big, but it is quiet and very pleasant...

Those pictures were specially posted for Chanit of "My Mom's Recipes And More" from Israel who doesn't like the heat! I hope that you'll enjoy them. I didn't find anything looking fresher...

The other side of the lake of Geneva (Lac Léman), a boat and the Jura mountain...
Looking towards Geneva...

7 comments:

  1. hmmm... always figured Switzerland to be a cool temperate country, I'm quite surprised to hear that summer temperature can go up to 35C or more, sounds even hotter than tropical Singapore presently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool pix, the lae is so blue/green, i could dive in right now. man, it's just hot everywhere! i cant wait till winter this year, im staring ogo batty from all this heat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to see the other side of Lac Leman. I have been on the other side in Geneva, which is quite pretty too. But I think I prefer it here. What a beautiful country you have. (As I've said before, Switzerland is my favorite country.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful Rosa, it's still crazy hot here in Basel too! Looks like the temp will hit a high of about 37°C today :-(

    My only respite is getting to walk along the Rhine on my lunch break but I would love to be near a lake right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MERCI et bon week end à toi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those pics and all the rest, thank you rosa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. EATZYCATH: In the past it was more temperate, but we always had quite high temperatures in the summer. We even had temperatures reaching 38°C! Here, it can be quite "tropical" (humid, heavy and hot). Once, somebody told me that the heat was more enjoyable in Indonesia than here in Geneva!...

    ARIA: The lake is just wonderfully green/blue, but the water is not always as fresh as one would wish; during the heatwave it was 26°C in the water! I also wish to get finished with this crushing heat as it drives me crazy (I feel claustrophobic, like closed in an overheated body incapable to run away!)...

    Rosa: Thanks, Rosa! Both lakesides are beautiful, but like you I tend to prefer this one...

    PAM: Many thanks, Pam! I'm happy to hear that, like me, you can't stand this heat; we are two now! I'm sure that the Rhein offers many nice and fresh places where one can relax...

    CHANIT: Many thanks, Chanit! I'm glad you enjoyed those pictures...

    ReplyDelete