The sweet Hélène, a new French blogger at "Dans L'Assiette De Mademoiselle Charlotte Et Cie", has kindly tagged me with the "Five Things About Me" meme and it is with pleasure that I will execute myself!...
There are surely many things that you don't know about me, so I'll try to be concise and speak about the few ones worth mentioning on this blog.
Have a nice read!
The five things you don't know about me:
1. I love listening to music when I'm in the kitchen (not only, though). As I have quite a big CD collection at home, I never listen to the radio which tends to bore me to death as their musical choices are way too commercial and repetitive...
Depending on what I'm cooking or baking, I will choose a different music style (Blues, EBM, Goth, Ethnic, Ambient, Metal, Folk, etc...). In fact, I'm very open music-wise and I listen to a wide spectrum of sound material. In fact, it all depends on the mood I'm in.
For example, if I'm making "French Pancakes" (see recipe) I will listen to an Austrian band called Angizia and which plays a strange mixture of theatrical Klezmer and Dark Metal... When I'm cooking something Thai, then I love playing my "Luk Thung" CDs. On Wednesday or Thursday, I'm more Rock/Metal oriented and will choose a Monster Magnet, Within Temptation, Sisters Of Mercy, Danzig/Misfits/Samhain, etc... CD. On Fridays, I am full of energy and love listening to my favorite EBM bands (Hocico, Terminal Choice, Blutengel, etc...) while I'm preparing the supper and on Saturdays, I love to listen to calmer stuff like Leonard Cohen, Johnny Cash, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Lacrimosa, Type O Negative, Qnntal, Indochine, etc...
2. I hate negative and toxic people who try to harm you, bring you down or suck you of your energy. I try to keep away from them, because they tend to be like parasites who can only have bad effects on your health and life!
In that category you'll find all the people who are false, mean, hypocrits, calculators, profitors, opportunists, egotistical, authoritary, castrating, possessive, back-stabbers, foul-mouthed, liars, emotional vampires, etc...
3. I am totally addicted to the new generation of American series such as Nip/Tuck, Prison Break, Six Feet Under (finished, sob), Sopranos, Desperate Housewives, The L World, Sex And The City and in a more cool/soft register series such as My Name Is Earl, Malcolm, Everybody Hates Chris, Ghost Whisperer, Le Destin De Lisa (Ugly Betty/German version)...
To tell you the truth, I am totally hooked on those shows and would never dare pass one single episode! I really love those modern series which differentiate themselves totally from the older generation soap-operas which I never liked and never followed.
Those shows are well-written, the casting is mostly very good and the filming is done in an artistic way. I love their caustic, ironic, cynical, comical dimension as well as their in-depth stories rich with heavy, raw, real, crude, shocking feelings/events/emotions/speeches and psychological issues.
4. I love cooking, but I loathe cleaning the apartment!!! Of course, like everybody else, I do it, because it is the way things have to be. But, God, I hate this activity!
I am a clean person by nature, so unfortunately, I can't let things go out of control. I do tend to postpone the tasks, but with the cats around, there is always something to clean, especially when they are miniature pigs...
I'm simply much better in the kitchen than with a broomstick in the hands!!!
5. I have always been interested in the Amerindian world (From the Bering region in Alaska till the Terra Del Fuego in Patagonia) and that since my childhood.
Why? I don't know, but I was always attracted by the civilizations which populated the Americas long before the colonizers arrived.
Maybe, my love for Derib's Yakari and Buddy Longway comic books is at the origin of it all...
The people I tag:
Chanit at "My Mom's Recipes And More"
Pom D'Api at "Au Pays De Candy"
Rosa at "Living As Rosa"
Sher at "What Did You Eat?"
Vanessa at "Confiture Maison"
(Backstabbing Model -Pic by www.xanga.com)
(Prison Break -Pic by http://krylenko.net)
(Nip/Tuck -Pic by http://www.tveffe.ne)
(Housework -Pic by http://gachora.typepad.com)
(Final Solution -Pic by JD Challenger www.jdchallenger.com)